photo and recipe via Sweet Paul
Well friends, this weekend is Valentine's Day. There are many people today who write off this holiday as too saccharine or too commercial, but really, setting aside a day to let the people we love know that we love them can be really nice. My husband and I had our first date on Valentine's Day 15 years ago, so it will always hold a special place for me.
This year I'm going to:
- make that sweet and simple chocolate cake shown above
- watch a sappy movie with my husband (Pride & Prejudice never gets old, though I'm open to suggestions if you have any)
- give my kids a little box filled with notes telling them why I'm glad to be their mommy (idea via simple mom)
- eat a few scrumptious chocolates (there will be chocolates, if my husband knows me at all, hint hint)
- remember how good it feels to tell my family I love them on this day so that I will remember to tell them (and show them) all year long
Have a lovely weekend!