Every year the end of summer sneaks up on me - the sun begins to set a little earlier, the calendar starts to fill up again and my children go back to school. They are back in school tomorrow morning and I'm sitting here with my cup of tea, finally going through some of our summer photos.
We had lots of great day trips and fun this summer, but our best time was spent on the road. We took a family road trip to Oregon and came home ready to go back soon.
A few highlights:
- empty roads - these make road trips so much more relaxing
- white water rafting on the rogue river (class IV!!)
- ken's artisan bakery - good food is fine and good, but give me a good pastry and cup of coffee and I am one happy woman
- powell's books - yes, we had heard how good it is, but we had no idea just how great it really is. next year, we'll budget more time for this place...
- the columbia river gorge - we took the columbia river scenic highway on our way to multnomah falls and were able to stop at the vista house and a couple of the other falls along the way. It was amazing, absolutely the loveliest drive I've ever taken.
- time, lots of time with our kids - and the stranger who came over to us in a cafe to tell us how delightful they are. really - i am a blessed woman.